OVR SCCA Forum
October 19, 2019, 02:40:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction - who is who?  (Read 234413 times)
2000civicsi
Novice

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2010, 11:45:08 AM »

Thanks for the advice already.

Parts include:

Tein springs, tokico shocks, AEM intake, Tanabe super medallion hyper exhaust. With these parts what class would I be in? I was thinking ST?
Saeo

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2010, 01:37:01 PM »

Thanks for the advice already.

Parts include:

Tein springs, tokico shocks, AEM intake, Tanabe super medallion hyper exhaust. With these parts what class would I be in? I was thinking ST?

Yea as long as you still have your cat.  The suspension and intake are fine.

BTW, love the car..  looking forward to seeing another EM1 Si racing.

Joseph Ferguson
Honda Tech - Saeo
IT Forums - Saeo
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2010, 04:52:32 PM »

I should be there in my 89 Civic Si.  Torn between running ST and STX this year. It's the white one that is noisy.

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
2000civicsi
Novice

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2010, 09:16:21 PM »

Yea as long as you still have your cat.  The suspension and intake are fine.

BTW, love the car..  looking forward to seeing another EM1 Si racing.
[/quote]

I see your sig says em1crew. Are you a member of em1crew.com? If so what is your username on the site?
Saeo

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2010, 01:59:24 PM »

I see your sig says em1crew. Are you a member of em1crew.com? If so what is your username on the site?

Yea im on em1crew.com.  My user name is Saeo also.

Joseph Ferguson
Honda Tech - Saeo
IT Forums - Saeo
RacerX78

« Reply #155 on: May 19, 2010, 08:34:50 PM »

Jerry H.
013 STU Mazdaspeed 3

splash
AX Chief's round table member
Crashtest Dummy

You can see what I'm thinking about!

« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2010, 10:16:36 PM »

3 words.

Front - Negative - Camber

You need some.

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
RacerX78

« Reply #157 on: May 19, 2010, 10:22:36 PM »

yea i know, my suspension is mostly stock.  The only thing i can get besides coilovers are K-Mac camber kits but i've hard about issues with their quality.  So i'm trying to figure something out.
2ndGearRubber
Novice

« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2010, 11:07:34 PM »

2ndGearRubber - Scott Ennis

It's my screenname for miata.net and Clubroadster, and I really don't want to memorize another name.  Cheesy

Silver NB Miata, STR, usually #11, very slow thanks to a very slow driver.

subscript
Novice

« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2010, 07:41:26 PM »

I'm the guy with the old light-blue-with-red-hood Subaru wagon.
Points #3 was my first event ever.
That pre-turbo exhaust leak really needs fixed. I can feel it draining from my 96awhp.
profmathers
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »

That pre-turbo exhaust leak really needs fixed. I can feel it draining from my 96awhp.

I missed the last event but saw that car in the pics.  Love.  It.
splash
Crashtest Dummy

« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »

LOL, but the point is... Did you have fun?

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
subscript
Novice

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2010, 06:21:13 PM »

Oh yes.  Cheesy

I missed the last event but saw that car in the pics.  Love.  It.
Thanks.
das borgen
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2010, 04:44:46 PM »

Oh yes.  Cheesy

'

that car going around made me smile L:)

I seriously hope you get race tires

Rich- 95 Dakar Yellow M3, 17 Energy Green Pearl Civic Si
*barely faster than a moving chicane*
tommyk
Novice

« Reply #164 on: July 13, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »

Tommy Kelly
#38 Cobalt SS -- STX

2008 Cobalt SS
Shane Glynn

« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2010, 03:00:11 PM »

Just thought I'd post a recent picture of my car to show you guys what I have been up to since I've only made it to one event this year and that was as a spectator.  Looking at the schedule I am going to try to run the 10/23/2010 event at Trails.

http://f-51gtphoto.smugmug.com/2010-NASA-Great-Lakes-Region/Proof-GalleriesMid-Ohio/HyperDrive-35SC-Thunderbird/13493561_RmNTT#982790151_eqkXi

Shane
KFunk740

« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »

Uhhh, OK.

I'm Kevin Funk.  I live in Athens, OH.  I have a 1974 BMW 2002, but I haven't been out to a race in a while.  Sometimes I run in EP, sometimes in FSP, with the #74.  I used to run a red miata as #43 in CSP, circa 2002.  I once ran a rental ford focus in rallycross.... I once drive a giant chicken shack in the 24 hrs of LeMons...

dmyntti
Novice

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »

Don Myntti from Kimbolton Ohio.  I am a total rooky noob.  I have driven all of one autocross lap (the very first drive on a just completed car).  My one lap was at the Grass Roots Motorsports $2010 challenge.  I will be honing my skills in the OVR this year in what appears to be an E-Mod car.
The Car:

75 Datsun 280Z with a 350 Chevy, single powerstroke turbo, powerglide, a cage, and some suspension mods (low buck stuff).

The car weighs 2550 with me in it and makes about 450 hp when I connect the boost hose. 
TONYA

Guess who?

« Reply #168 on: February 08, 2011, 03:02:31 PM »

Don Myntti from Kimbolton Ohio.  I am a total rooky noob.  I have driven all of one autocross lap (the very first drive on a just completed car).  My one lap was at the Grass Roots Motorsports $2010 challenge.  I will be honing my skills in the OVR this year in what appears to be an E-Mod car.
The Car:

75 Datsun 280Z with a 350 Chevy, single powerstroke turbo, powerglide, a cage, and some suspension mods (low buck stuff).

The car weighs 2550 with me in it and makes about 450 hp when I connect the boost hose. 

Welcome Don! There are alot of great people in this region. Just ask for help (if you need any) and we will be more than glad to help.
Tonya Grin
ford.304

« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2011, 07:46:29 AM »

Michael Ford from Marysville, Ohio. Been racing off and on for two seasons, although not consecutively. Tried to get into autocross a couple years ago, then lost my job. Then tried again, and drove my car into a ditch just a couple weeks before the start of the season (D'oh!). Now that I am gainfully employed and a safer driver, I am looking forward to finally finishing a season Smiley

I drive the red 'yota Celica GT-S, 77 ST (or whatever they've changed the name to this year).

Mike - Red Toyota Celica GT-S - 77 ST
bmwohio
Member with Car-Pal Tuner Syndrome

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2011, 09:57:38 AM »

Michael Ford from Marysville, Ohio. Been racing off and on for two seasons, although not consecutively. Tried to get into autocross a couple years ago, then lost my job. Then tried again, and drove my car into a ditch just a couple weeks before the start of the season (D'oh!). Now that I am gainfully employed and a safer driver, I am looking forward to finally finishing a season Smiley

I drive the red 'yota Celica GT-S, 77 ST (or whatever they've changed the name to this year).

Welcome Michael. Look forward to seeing you at some events. First and second everts are tomorrow and next Saturday @National Trail.

Kale
#22 STX
Hilary0110
Novice

« Reply #171 on: April 12, 2011, 12:15:39 AM »

Name: Hilary Anderson
Car: 2004 Subaru WRX STi

I suck at driving  Cheesy
edit:
new car : 89 CRX Si STS 52 :-)
SCCAchamp

« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »

Tony Alfano, Lancaster Ohio by way of Florida and North Carolina
Was a driving instructor, course designer, safety steward, and event coordinator in the Central Florida Region.  Past cars included 2 91 MR2 turbo's, MR2 spyder, Mazda Miata, and an RX-8.  Currently don't have a suitable autocross car-hence the 2011 Elantra I borrowed from my wife for the first points event.  It was better than expected, but would love to co-drive with someone in a more appropriate car at our next event.  Unless we are going to start an MPG class.  Cause I would clean up in that class.

Tony Alfano
91 MR2  "needs tires"
Tony Shepherd
Novice

« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »

Hello:

I'm new to OVR as I'm on assignment for a few month's to Piketon, OH.  I live in Slidell, LA, my office is in Oak Ridge, TN and yes I travel a lot.  Been in SCCA since 1995 with Chicago my original home region.  I may know some OVR members as I raced several midwest events in the '90's and early 2000's and a few Nationals.  Looking forward to this weekend and chip some rust off.

I will be in H Stock as the EM car is in Knoxville, TN sleeping peacefully.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:39:59 PM by Tony Shepherd » Logged

Tony Shepherd
#79 EM
Pontiac Grand Am
SCCA member since 1995
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »

Welcome Tony, Tony, Hillary, Michael, Don, Kevin, etc.!  Looking forward to seeing you at events. 

I am the OVR Novice Chair, ably assisted by Craig Butt who taught me how to drive...you can assess for your self how good of an instructor he was. 

I run ST #81, a white 1989 Honda Civic Si, and just picked up an F-Prod CRX road race car.

consynx
Novice

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »

Hello All.

I'm Stephen.  I ran the last event, PE #3, in the White Evo X GSR, which was my first event ever.  SMS was rough to me. . .

I'm trying to figure out the outside wear on my front tires before the next event (already "maxed" camber (-2  Roll Eyes))  debating nothing, a camber bolt, and a drop(springs or coilovers).
Brian
Member with Way Too Many Posts

« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »

fix driver first, most tend to overdrive esp on street tires & Stock suspension. I would recommend higher pressures in the tires to help stiffen the side wall of the tires as well.. will reduce the rollover & outside wear some.
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »

Stephen,

Welcome!   

What Brian said...in spite of my continual harassment of him, he knows what he is talking about. For the most part.

Rich

consynx
Novice

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »

will do.  Curious if it's safe to go over tire mfg's recommended pressure, because I ended up decently above it after a couple runs.
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »

will do.  Curious if it's safe to go over tire mfg's recommended pressure, because I ended up decently above it after a couple runs.
Generally, yes.  I have road raced up to 42 lbs in front and 50 lbs read (hot pressures) with no issues.  That was when a 60 series was considered a low profile tire.

oldmuscle69
Novice

« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »

Former Reynoldsburg HS grad (Eastland voca Auto shop) Joined military in 79 and did not make it back to the home city after. Used to go to A/X at Powell Speedway when Pete Smith and  my dad ran a 68 bug.Pete built a bug chassis contraption called a damper and also won at Mid Ohio. I remember a slalom event called Trade Winds Will Blow in 68 or so that they raced in october I think,rain and cold with @&$ Wind. Still have the dash plauqe.I also ran one of the first compact cars at National trails,Toyota Carina yellow with black deck lid. Won class during one event. My name is Bob Colbert,currently living in Knoxville TN.Yep I do get back home some time to visit Mom and Fam. Last time was Thanksgiving,What happened to my old city(brice and livingston) area. It used to be the street racing gathering point so we could head to the back road ay Pennys to run a few races. now seems like the Robbery capitol of the city. My question  for my racing family in the north is what kind of 92 Miata racing parts do you guys and gals have for sale  ? I have a 92 MX5 just purchased and would like to fix it up a few notches. PS If anyone thinks a Skyline would work down here let me know.

Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2012, 10:33:35 PM »

Former Reynoldsburg HS grad (Eastland voca Auto shop) Joined military in 79 and did not make it back to the home city after. Used to go to A/X at Powell Speedway when Pete Smith and  my dad ran a 68 bug.Pete built a bug chassis contraption called a damper and also won at Mid Ohio. I remember a slalom event called Trade Winds Will Blow in 68 or so that they raced in october I think,rain and cold with @&$ Wind. Still have the dash plauqe.I also ran one of the first compact cars at National trails,Toyota Carina yellow with black deck lid. Won class during one event. My name is Bob Colbert,currently living in Knoxville TN.Yep I do get back home some time to visit Mom and Fam. Last time was Thanksgiving,What happened to my old city(brice and livingston) area. It used to be the street racing gathering point so we could head to the back road ay Pennys to run a few races. now seems like the Robbery capitol of the city. My question  for my racing family in the north is what kind of 92 Miata racing parts do you guys and gals have for sale  ? I have a 92 MX5 just purchased and would like to fix it up a few notches. PS If anyone thinks a Skyline would work down here let me know.

Bob,

Welcome to the OVR Forum!

A few of us here remember Powell Speedway.  It's where I learned autocrossing.  When specifically did you run there?  I started running in 1980, so we  missed each other. But, you probably ran with some of the folks like Glenn and Elsie Hanninger, John Fergus, Phil Alspach (still active), Andy Toth (active when I can drag him out), George and Donna Clark, etc. Pete is still active running a Porsche powered A-Mod car, along with his daughter Jenny.

I am sure TurboEd and others will be happy to sell you Miata stuff they have cluttering their garages.  Really, the Miata is a good car out of the box and you probably shouldn't touch a thing til you get acclimated to the current classing structure...unless you are like a lot of us who can't leave well enough alone!  If you do anything, buy the right performance tires for the class you plan on running, but even these can wait until you get a few events under your belt. 

Rich

oldmuscle69
Novice

« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »

Rich thanks for the reply. I have never ran AX until two years ago here in the ETR local.Won first event in class on my BD.Been trying hard every sip nce and locked up an ST class jacket for the 2011 season in a 97 civic coupe HX stock cept for the cold air on star specs. Prob spent thirty minutes or so at the Ackerman lot on Thanksgiving day just looking it over and building courses while driving around on it. A lot less sealer than we have and less poles/curbs. I would to run with OVR soon at one point during this up comming season. Yeah Pete and John Fergus I know from Dad. Sort grew up at times in Petes garage along with a Guy named Ken with the mechanical arm. They built the first Damper for AX then Road racing. Again thanks OVR and would welcome any offers on Parts for my 92 miata. Gotta try to get it going like John Browns.(Toledo last summer)
ReddyZ06

« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2012, 04:27:28 PM »

... Used to go to A/X at Powell Speedway when Pete Smith and  my dad ran a 68 bug.Pete built a bug chassis contraption called a damper and also won at Mid Ohio. ...

There are photos of the Damper in the OVR historic photo section.

Mike
oldmuscle69
Novice

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2012, 11:58:43 PM »

>:(Small world seems you were at one of our meetings last year and then vanished. Member you talking about a CP car but never showed one. Then your golf got clobbered and you went blanck. one meeting then a no show at our events.Are you Nuke guys really that numb? Also you said you were almost too big to get in and out of the car.K Town is following you.
Hello:

I'm new to OVR as I'm on assignment for a few month's to Piketon, OH.  I live in Slidell, LA, my office is in Oak Ridge, TN and yes I travel a lot.  Been in SCCA since 1995 with Chicago my original home region.  I may know some OVR members as I raced several midwest events in the '90's and early 2000's and a few Nationals.  Looking forward to this weekend and chip some rust off.

I will be in H Stock as the EM car is in Knoxville, TN sleeping peacefully.  
Meat
Novice

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »

Hey guys. I just moved to OH from FL (yeah dumb move I know). I've been running my GTI in STX with the Central FL Region. I'm currently trying to sell it but if that doesn't happen I'll be driving it this season. I'm going to try to get to as many OVR and Cincy Region events as my work and finances allow. Now, on to the pictures:

Greg Pattman
#62 STX 2007 VW GTI

YouTube
Flickr
splash
Crashtest Dummy

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2012, 01:36:13 AM »

Welcome to OVR! STX is pretty even around here with lots of competition.

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2012, 09:23:24 AM »

Yes, STX is a good class locally and typically has lots of competition.  Welcome.

bmwohio

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you out there

Kale
#22 STX
glenn

« Reply #189 on: February 26, 2012, 07:40:00 PM »

Hi i'm glenn. I wanted to come up with a cool forum nickname but i was too excited b/c i've been waiting on the solo schedule to come out forever it seems like. so, glenn will have to do.

i drive a black 01' s2000. i only got to participate in two events last year but am looking forward to many more this year!
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »

Welcome Glenn! 

Cool forum names are not a requirement.  Looking forward to seeing you at an event soon!

Rich

Mr. Jones

BRZED

« Reply #191 on: March 05, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

Hola!

Shawn here.

Only made it out to 1 event last year due to crazy work schedule.
It was my first time, and I had lots of helpful friends give me tips and it was a blast.
I had the white 2011 S4 (White Whale).

Just got rid of her for something more "compact", and should hopefully be able to show up to most of the events this year.

#93 2014 BRZED
bmwohio

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #192 on: March 05, 2012, 02:57:48 PM »

Shawn, welcome to the board. Look forward to seeing that RS on the course.  I remember the 'white whale' from last year.

Kale
#22 STX
Senna1a
Forum Veteran

« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »

senna1a = Mike Eckert
car/class is tbd

My goal is to be less of a recluse this year and come out / get to know more folks.  Smiley

Mike Eckert
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

Mike,

Glad to have you back visiting!

Rich

bmwohio

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2012, 09:45:10 AM »

Hi Mike! Thanks for joining the forum

Kale
#22 STX
splash
Crashtest Dummy

« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »

About time, Mike...  Grin

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
CopperTop
Novice

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »

Figured I should pop in since I bothered to register.

CopperTop is Ethan (the ginger) in the WRX. Normally just in NWOR but if I have a free weekend and there is an event running I am sure you will see more of me.
RoLLyGSR
Novice

« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2012, 11:34:47 PM »

Hello, My name is Dustin -- from Columbus, Ohio.  I drive a 2008 Evolution GSR and really looking to get into doing some Autocross.  Really not sure where to start but looking to attend and hopefully run my car Aug 19th at National Trails.  I have a couple things to take care of but looking forward to getting out there. 
splash
Crashtest Dummy

« Reply #199 on: July 16, 2012, 12:04:18 AM »

Welcome... See you on the 19th.

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: