OVR SCCA Forum
October 23, 2017, 10:20:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction - who is who?  (Read 146840 times)
bmwohio
Member with Car-Pal Tuner Syndrome

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2014, 11:18:14 PM »

Hello everyone! I'm Alex Sp8, the new guy who's been helping with registration and the driver of a blue Focus ST. Stoked to be onboard with OVR!

That's totally going to help me remember your name now when I announce it for trophies Smiley

Welcome.

Kale
#22 STX
das borgen
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #301 on: June 03, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »

Hello everyone! I'm Alex Sp8, the new guy who's been helping with registration and the driver of a blue Focus ST. Stoked to be onboard with OVR!

That's totally going to help me remember your name now when I announce it for trophies Smiley

Welcome.
kids these days still use "stoked"!!!!?!?

welcome!

Rich- 95 Dakar Yellow M3
barely faster than a moving chicane
Ron Ford
Novice

« Reply #302 on: June 12, 2014, 10:29:19 AM »

Hi, I'm new to the board and fairly new to Autocross, I've done a few events at Goodguys shows, which gave me the bug.  I registered for the autocross at Trails on the 21st.  I'm driving a 1959 Ford Custom 300.  Now before all of you Subaru drivers quake in fear of the 1950's awesome technology I'm about to unleash, Fox body Mustang drivers scream in terror at the nimble ways of the famous road racing Custom 300, and Miata drivers sell your cars in the wake of the compact size and svelte body that is the hallmark of American cars of the 1950's, I promise to take it easy on you and only finish 10 to 20 seconds behind your worst times, rather than be competitive in any way shape or form.  I'll be competing in the CAM class so you Corvette drivers need to be prepared for the manual steering and rock hard tires that I have equipped my big Ford with in order to achieve its full fury.  You have been warned!

Seriously, is there anything I need to know about before I show up?  Is there enough room to set up an easy up (I have room in my trunk for a small village of elves to live and work)? Are passengers allowed? My wife loves to ride along.  How many runs do you get in a day?  I'm really looking forward to some track time with you all.

Ron Francis
BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #303 on: June 12, 2014, 11:27:43 AM »

Seriously, is there anything I need to know about before I show up?

Yes.  Be ready to have fun.  (But something tells me you're already good at that.)

Is there enough room to set up an easy up (I have room in my trunk for a small village of elves to live and work)?

You'll have plenty of room to set up your compound.

Are passengers allowed? My wife loves to ride along.  How many runs do you get in a day?

Passengers are allowed, and encouraged, at all local events.  Be sure to hop in some other cars for a free ride as well.  I can't remember the last time we had less than 5 runs at a local event.  It's common for us to get 6 runs.  Last weekend we got 7 runs on a nasty rainy day.  Probably would have done 8 without the rain.  It all depends on the turnout.

Later,
BeerMan
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 11:33:07 AM by BeerMan » Logged
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #304 on: June 12, 2014, 11:47:22 AM »

Ron,

Does that example of automotive awesomeness have seat belts?  You'll need those!

Rich

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Ron Ford
Novice

« Reply #305 on: June 12, 2014, 06:40:12 PM »

Ah, a man who knows his automotive history! Although they were not even an extra cost option on that model in 1959, the laws of physics dictated that seat belts were put in soon after I bought the car.  Funny how the idea of bouncing off of the metal, non-padded dash on my way through the windshield and landing x number of feet away from the car doesn't have the same appeal it did in the 50's.  Thanks for all of your answers and help, oh, and I have a helmet to wear.  See you all on the 21st
dps214

« Reply #306 on: June 23, 2014, 09:26:53 PM »

Hey Guys,
I figured I should introduce myself, as I'm new to the region. I recently graduated college and relocated to the Columbus area to start a career. While I'm new to the region (last Saturday was my first event here), I've been autocrossing for the last ~3 years, whenever I could fit it into my schedule. I'm currently 'competing' in a 91 Ford Probe LX; as ridiculous and entertaining to drive as the car is, it's only a temporary autocross vehicle, until I can save up the money to invest in something actually competitive. I'm really excited to finally having the time and budget to actually get somewhat serious with this, and expect to be seeing a lot of you guys at future events. In the one event I've been to, I already met a bunch of awesome people and had a great time.

Dan Shea
'90 Miata - 13 STS
'15 Fiesta ST - not an autocross car, I swear
'86 944 Turbo - probably not currently on fire
'00 M Roadster SC
bmwohio

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #307 on: June 23, 2014, 10:47:52 PM »

Hey Guys,
I figured I should introduce myself, as I'm new to the region. I recently graduated college and relocated to the Columbus area to start a career. While I'm new to the region (last Saturday was my first event here), I've been autocrossing for the last ~3 years, whenever I could fit it into my schedule. I'm currently 'competing' in a 91 Ford Probe LX; as ridiculous and entertaining to drive as the car is, it's only a temporary autocross vehicle, until I can save up the money to invest in something actually competitive. I'm really excited to finally having the time and budget to actually get somewhat serious with this, and expect to be seeing a lot of you guys at future events. In the one event I've been to, I already met a bunch of awesome people and had a great time.

Dan, thanks for coming out and I'm glad you had fun.  Look forward to seeing you at future events!

Kale
#22 STX
BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #308 on: June 23, 2014, 11:46:28 PM »

Hey Guys,

If you're looking to invest in something actually/really competitive, I've got just the car for you.  Ask others on this board whether I'm serious.

Time, (healthy) Budget, Somewhat Serious are all key words.  You could also throw Intoxicating Fun, and Chick Magnet into the description.   Smiley

BeerMan
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2014, 07:45:08 AM »

Hey Guys,

If you're looking to invest in something actually/really competitive, I've got just the car for you.  Ask others on this board whether I'm serious.

Time, (healthy) Budget, Somewhat Serious are all key words.  You could also throw Intoxicating Fun, and Chick Magnet into the description.   Smiley

BeerMan
BeerMan, you read my mind.  Thanks for the advert. Word of mouth is always best.

God's Chariot will once again likely be for sale after the Nationals. 

Inquire within.

Rich

w!ckedx
Novice

« Reply #310 on: January 07, 2015, 10:32:41 PM »

I am Kyle Nuest. I drive the white evo x in stock all wheel drive. This past year was my first year autox and it was amazing! I thank Mike Eckert for getting me out there and having fun. Looking forward to next season!  also I am the tear down chief next year.

Kyle Nuest-2014 Evo X
Tear Down Chief
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #311 on: January 07, 2015, 11:07:52 PM »

Welcome Kyle!   

rconlon85
Novice

« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2015, 09:46:55 PM »

Hello My name is Ryan, recently picked up a 92 civic hatch that I plan on running this year. not sure what class just yet, the car is stock but with broken exhaust so possibly upgrading. New to the whole class and rules thing but very excited to jump in. Mechanic by day, makes it nice having lifts machines
AlanLGuy
AX Chief's round table member
Forum Veteran

« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »

Hello My name is Ryan, recently picked up a 92 civic hatch that I plan on running this year. not sure what class just yet, the car is stock but with broken exhaust so possibly upgrading. New to the whole class and rules thing but very excited to jump in. Mechanic by day, makes it nice having lifts machines

Welcome Ryan! Looking forward to seeing you out there this season!

Let us know if you need any help with classing your car. Love those eg hatches!

- Alan Guy
#89 2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black
#89 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Black, Blue, and Rust
bsims13
Novice

« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2015, 11:05:46 PM »

Brian Simpson

Checking out Autocross and the OVR for the first time, will be at the test n tune in March

Driving 2006 Mini Cooper S Stock, hopefully volunteering as a photographer.

Brian
2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible - Stock
1974 Fiat 124 Spider - Stock
eman.jr
Novice

« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2015, 11:45:27 PM »

Hi,

My name is Emmanuel, I usually go by 'E' or 'E-man'. Im new to Autocross and OVR. I'm looking to have a lot of fun.
See you at the test and tune event in March!
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »

Welcome E-Man.  Tell us about your car.

eman.jr
Novice

« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2015, 10:36:24 AM »

I have a Galaxy Gray 2008 Honda Civic Si. No mods, all stock.
I was told it falls under the H Street Class.
AlanLGuy
Forum Veteran

« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2015, 02:55:32 PM »

I have a Galaxy Gray 2008 Honda Civic Si. No mods, all stock.
I was told it falls under the H Street Class.

You were told correctly!  Looking forward to seeing you out there!

- Alan Guy
Sladek

« Reply #319 on: March 11, 2015, 11:43:54 AM »

hey everyone, my name is Chris Sladek and I drive the 2015 Subaru Sti. I made it to the events I could last year (didn't move here till june and was out of town over the double event weekend for the 4th of july).

really enjoyed meeting everyone that I did and glad to see the atmosphere is the same (if not better) coming from the Atlanta region scca. looking forward to this season and seeing everyone out there!

Chris Sladek (slay-deck Smiley) - 2015 Grey Subaru STI
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »

Welcome Chris!  Looking forward to having you with us! 

Senna1a
Forum Veteran

« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »

Thanks for posting Chris... looking forward to seeing you out this year!

Mike Eckert: 2011 STi, 2003 Bugeye & 2000 Spyder
w!ckedx
Novice

« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2015, 09:11:24 PM »

Chris! ready to start the season or what?? Smiley

Kyle Nuest-2014 Evo X
Tear Down Chief
bmwohio

Run what ya brung!

« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »

Welcome, Chris.  Thank for the intro, and GREAT looking STI.

Kale
#22 STX
JK
Novice

« Reply #324 on: March 27, 2015, 06:22:52 AM »

Hi, I'm Jacob Knotts. I started racing last year after doing an alignment on Pete's Nissan (Sentra?) and meeting him. I drive the "lapis blue" 2004 Mazda 6s, usually 91SF.

I guess I missed a socializer yesterday, but I was at another meeting anyway.

Uh, I suppose while I'm here I may as well throw it out that I'm looking for employment (or internship?) My LinkedIn is available in my profile or sig (click my name). To explain the current employment gap: I was pretty ill last year, and thus laid off from my job, and only just recently felt well enough to work again.

In the meantime, I'm considering going to college to get a real degree. I'm still undecided, but leaning towards computer science or similar, though automotive engineering was another consideration. Also, if I have time (which I currently have nothing but), I'd love to become involved in the behind-the-scenes work of OVR.

See you guys next week!

Senna1a
Forum Veteran

« Reply #325 on: March 27, 2015, 06:39:12 AM »

Jacob -
Welcome to the forum and best wishes on the job search. We have a some great folks in the region and I would encourage you to get out and network... some may have leads or know of others.

Mike Eckert: 2011 STi, 2003 Bugeye & 2000 Spyder
pbates

Re:
« Reply #326 on: April 02, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »

Welcome Jacob. If anybody has a job opportunity for Jacob please consider him. He work on the alignment for the SpecV last year and was the only person at NTB that managed to get it right. He also volunteered to help me prep my car at the match tour last year and he wasn't ever entered at the event. I'll gladly provide a reference for him , if needed.

44 SMF
03 Nissan  Sentra SER SpecV
das borgen
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #327 on: April 07, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »

Hi, I'm Jacob Knotts. I started racing last year after doing an alignment on Pete's Nissan (Sentra?) and meeting him. I drive the "lapis blue" 2004 Mazda 6s, usually 91SF.

Uh, I suppose while I'm here I may as well throw it out that I'm looking for employment (or internship?) My LinkedIn is available in my profile or sig (click my name). To explain the current employment gap: I was pretty ill last year, and thus laid off from my job, and only just recently felt well enough to work again.

In the meantime, I'm considering going to college to get a real degree. I'm still undecided, but leaning towards computer science or similar, though automotive engineering was another consideration. Also, if I have time (which I currently have nothing but), I'd love to become involved in the behind-the-scenes work of OVR.

See you guys next week!

welcome!
feel free to come ask for rides from any of our veterans. We're happy to delegate to Craig Butt for such things Smiley

Rich- 95 Dakar Yellow M3
cheese please
Novice

« Reply #328 on: April 07, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »

Hey,

I'm Tobin. I drive the tan 240sx. Did the PDX and fun even last year on dried out all seasons (understeer, more understeer & frustration  Cry). I have some fresh rubber on for this season and I can already tell from the first fun event that it's going to be a blast.

Wouldn't mind getting some pointers on driving technique now that the car actually turns in. I had so much energy pent up from winter that I started this first event is super hoon mode. hah.
JK
Novice

« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2015, 12:11:21 AM »

See you guys next week!

welcome!
feel free to come ask for rides from any of our veterans. We're happy to delegate to Craig Butt for such things Smiley

Yeah, haha, I was a bit too apprehensive at the fun event to ask for rides. I'm still working on being more extroverted, or at least less shy.
(EDIT: Actually, do you have the pale yellow E36? I remember seeing that car on three wheels last season right at the finish line of one of our NT courses. A really nice finish!)

@Cheese, how did I miss a 240sx? I guess I really was too busy hiding in my own car. :/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:17:48 AM by JK » Logged

Sladek

« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2015, 05:30:55 AM »

See you guys next week!

welcome!

Yeah, haha, I was a bit too apprehensive at the fun event to ask for rides. I'm still working on being more extroverted, or at least less shy.
(EDIT: Actually, do you have the pale yellow E36? I remember seeing that car on three wheels last season right at the finish line of one of our NT courses. A really nice finish!)

@Cheese, how did I miss a 240sx? I guess I really was too busy hiding in my own car. :/

don't be afraid to ask around about pretty much anything at events. even if you ask the wrong person chances are we can at least point someone out that can help. youll figure out pretty quick that most everyone is willing to help. at the local level the competition is friendly and mostly for bragging rights so when it comes to asking for a ride 9/10 times people will say hell yeah hop in

Chris Sladek (slay-deck Smiley) - 2015 Grey Subaru STI
AlanLGuy
Forum Veteran

« Reply #331 on: April 08, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »

Hey,

I'm Tobin. I drive the tan 240sx. Did the PDX and fun even last year on dried out all seasons (understeer, more understeer & frustration  Cry). I have some fresh rubber on for this season and I can already tell from the first fun event that it's going to be a blast.

Wouldn't mind getting some pointers on driving technique now that the car actually turns in. I had so much energy pent up from winter that I started this first event is super hoon mode. hah.

Welcome Tobin! Glad to see you make it back out this year. I was at the PDX with you last year and you were quite literally driving the wheels of that 240! Love how clean it is.

As others have said, people are usually more than happy to give you ride-alongs in their car or ride along with you to give you tips, so don't be shy!

I would also suggest to anyone who wants to get better to sign up for our drivers school later in the year. One on One instruction and plenty of seat time will do wonders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Alan Guy
brandonamp
Novice

Lieutenant Slow

« Reply #332 on: April 08, 2015, 05:44:37 PM »

Hi Everybody!
I'm Brandon, I drive a blue '14 BRZ.
This is my first year doing this and I had a blast last weekend, looking forward to having a ton of fun and destroying my tires this summer.   Grin

He who is last shall be sideways and smiling.
AlanLGuy
Forum Veteran

« Reply #333 on: April 08, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »

Hi Everybody!
This is my first year doing this and I had a blast last weekend, looking forward to having a ton of fun and destroying my tires this summer.   Grin

Welcome Brandon! Glad you had fun last weekend. Love seeing more 86 twins out there!

- Alan Guy
das borgen
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2015, 02:03:43 PM »

See you guys next week!

welcome!

Yup, it's a common state of affairs. Nothing unusual

Rich- 95 Dakar Yellow M3
dps214

« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »

Hi Everybody!
This is my first year doing this and I had a blast last weekend, looking forward to having a ton of fun and destroying my tires this summer.   Grin

If you're still on the stock all seasons, you will definitely destroy them pretty quickly.

Dan Shea
'90 Miata - 13 STS
'15 Fiesta ST - not an autocross car, I swear
'86 944 Turbo - probably not currently on fire
'00 M Roadster SC
AlanLGuy
Forum Veteran

« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2015, 03:56:06 PM »

Hi Everybody!

If you're still on the stock all seasons, you will definitely destroy them pretty quickly.

I've never driven on the Turanza's, but the Primacys aren't awful. You probably won't be trophying on them, but they have ok grip and hold up well as long as you aren't overdriving the car.

- Alan Guy
B3NN3TT

« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2015, 11:36:50 AM »

First-timer noob!

I'm Andy. I just joined the OVR-SCCA this year after doing a few one-off events in other regions in the last few years, so I hope to get out to as many events in 2015 as possible. Looks like - fingers crossed - May 10 will be the first one for me.

I drive a 2000 Roush-edition Mercury Cougar, #71 DSP. I've owned it for 13 years and just upgraded parts every time something broke - which was often. Between the wife and I we have other cars which would probably be more competitive, but I really enjoy campaigning in the Roush, so we'll see how she does this year. At 199,000 miles now, I might just end up going all-in with an engine swap after this season and bump it up to SMF...

-Andy
2000 Roush Cougar - #71 SMF
2008 Bullitt #5389
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »

Welcome Andy!

That's a nice look on that Cougar.   What does "Roush Edition" mean?  WHat does it include?

B3NN3TT

« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »

Welcome Andy!

That's a nice look on that Cougar.   What does "Roush Edition" mean?  WHat does it include?

The Roush treatment was a handling and appearance package. Handling improvements included bespoke Roush springs and larger rear sway bar, larger wheel/tire package and uprated struts (although those have been replaced and upgraded three times or more since I've owned it; currently sitting on Bilsteins).

Above and beyond the Roush package, it now has a big brake kit, adjustable aluminum control arms, adjustable sway bar links, a smaller front sway bar, Torsen LSD, aluminum flywheel, rear cross-brace, front strut brace, and I have a pair of subframe connectors that I'm about to put on. It grips pretty well, and will rotate nicely on days when I have the tire pressures dialed in. It's just badly down on power.

Thanks for the welcome! I'm sure I'll see you soon.

-Andy
2000 Roush Cougar - #71 SMF
2008 Bullitt #5389
MoarGrip
Novice

« Reply #340 on: April 23, 2015, 07:57:02 AM »

Hey everyone, ran my first event with OVR at PE1. I'd driven a couple (three?) times with NWOR last year, and while I love LOVE driving at the Toledo Express Airport, only getting three runs while trying to acclimate to a live-axle RWD car wasn't cutting it. (and 2+ hour commute times suck too)
So, I changed my member affiliation to OVR this year, and look forward to running as many events as I can make.

I'm running a '12 Mustang V6 (black), and will likely run CAM from now on, although I ran STU at PE1- I ran CAM last year, and thought that the regs were going to tighten up to make it more true to the 'classic' name but that seems to not be the case.
I suffered from heinous lack of grip on the rear axle last year, and updated with LCA relo brackets, LCAs, and 285 Potenza RE-11s for this year. So far I really like what it's done to the car.
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #341 on: April 23, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »

Welcome.  There are a few Mustangs that run here, be sure to talk to the owners.  

I think if I had the budget (or at least the fab and tech skills!) I'd do a CAM car.   My favorite car at the Nats last year:

The photo really doesn't do it justice.  Sort of a resto-rat-rod thing going on. 

splash
Member with Way Too Many Posts

You can see what I'm thinking about!

« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »

Know what you mean at Toledo Airport.

We consolidate CAM into one class and it was pretty well subscribed here least year. Nationally, there is CAMT, CAMC, and CAMS (for Traditional, Contemporary, and Sport). You'd be in CAMC there. T is for 1972 and older.

IIRC, the driver's school and PE2 had to be swapped after the first schedule went out. This is why PE2 is on the 2nd.

See you out there.

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
Chadwick33
Novice

« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2015, 10:22:58 PM »

Howdy, my name is Chadwick and I rock a black S2000. I purchased my S2k last March for the sole purpose of Autocrossing and doing track days in the future. I've been at the first 2 PE's and will be back out for PE3, PE4 and a couple others.

this is me...
MoarGrip
Novice

« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2015, 06:50:12 AM »

Glad you liked it enough to join as a member right away. Hopefully you've already seen them, but I did actually get a couple pictures of your spin... just from a distance.
Chadwick33
Novice

« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »

Thanks Jeff! I did see the spin photos, I appreciate you taking the time to take and post them.
phanatic

« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2015, 01:03:40 PM »

Hi everyone! I'm Jeff, and I'm driving a '14 Focus ST. Solo School yesterday was my first event, and I can't wait to get out again. I certainly took some life out of my all seasons, but I hope to have them swapped out soon enough.

Jeff Majarian
#132 STS - 90 Miata
splash
Member with Way Too Many Posts

You can see what I'm thinking about!

« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

All-seasons: Tires you sacrifice the lives of so you can get "good" ones more quickly. Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:57:37 PM by splash » Logged

STU 82/182
OVR Youth/Kart Steward
torquejunkie
Novice

« Reply #348 on: August 09, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »

HI everybody - I'm new to OVR events this year.

I've been to the last 2 OSU lot events and I'm running my 90 Jetta Coupe TDI - 31 STF.. yes it's a diesel Cheesy

I'm having fun learning the rules and figuring out how to get the car set up better. It's been good to get out and meet some folks and learn some new tricks too!

See y'all on the tarmac

90 Jetta Coupe - 31 STF
caso
Novice

« Reply #349 on: December 04, 2015, 02:56:56 AM »

your welcome  Grin

gclub sbobet
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: