OVR SCCA Forum
July 12, 2020, 12:09:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this is not car related  (Read 4803 times)
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« on: June 02, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

I had a gig this Friday, I have a few photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96877728@N06/sets/72157633879506525/

It was fun.
Miniata
Forum Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:13:45 PM »

Awesome, Zsolt! I was wondering how it went. If it wasn't for work and watching the kids and my other grown-up responsibilities, I would have given serious thought to jumping in the car for a roadtrip out to Atlantic City to see you play. Found a review of the concert here:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/life/deana-martin-pays-tribute-to-her-dad-in-song-in/article_65148b62-cab2-11e2-8eba-001a4bcf887a.html

Keith Miller
#70 HS
#70 STS
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »

Nice. Please keep us informed so we can come to a show.

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
ReddyZ06

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:04:54 PM »

I had a gig this Friday, I have a few photos.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/96877728@N06/sets/72157633879506525/

It was fun.

Zsolt,
Very cool see this. Looks like a great time, your photographs tell the story nicely.

Mike

lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »

I am not sure how dramatic is to see me in a tux Smiley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dj0LdPCUAU

Anyhow, if any of you want to hear this band loud and clear, and would even like to dance a bit, almost every Thursday nights we play at the 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant (5030 Sawyer Road, Columbus, Ohio 43219), from 7:30pm to 10:30pm.

We don't have Deana Martin with us, but we have really good singers.  Here is our schedule. (next Thursday is an exception, no show)

Zsolt
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »

In the spirit of the 1942 American Musical Film "Holiday Inn," starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire, with music by Irving Berlin, based on an Inn featuring entertainment which is only open on holidays and the Big Band musical era of the 1930's and 1940's; the historic Valley Dale Ballroom will open its doors on or near select holidays as a 1930's and 1940's style supper club. The holiday shows will offer dining, show and dancing. Dinner tickets will be sold in advance only and show and dance party tickets will be available in advance for reserved seating and at the door.

The Historic Valley Dale Ballroom is significant as one of the nationally renowned ballrooms of the Big Band musical era of the 1930's and 1940's. Many famous big bands and entertainers including Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller, Harry James, Benny Goodman, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Bing Crosby have performed at the ballroom and during the early 1940's CBS and MBS had simultaneous coast-to-coast radio broadcasts.

On Sunday December 8th the annual Deana Martin Christmas Show returns. This will be a Christmas Show and dance party for the entire family featuring the fabulous Deana Martin, the daughter of the King of Cool, Dean Martin, with songs from her Christmas album "White Christmas" as well as her brand new CD "Destination Moon". You'll also hear some rare arrangements from Big Band Hall of Famer Jan Garber's Christmas Dance Party and all your holiday favorites big band style by the Rick Brunetto Big Band. The ballroom will be a spectacular winter wonderland. For this Christmas show that means nothing but the Christmas songs you know and love - some with hot swingin' and sexy arrangements and some with that easy, relaxed and sweet sentimentality for which Deana's father held the original patent.

If you like Christmas' old school, you'll surely dig "Silver Bells" and "Jingle Bell Rock" featuring the most swinging performances of those tunes ever played. It will be nearly impossible not to hear the echoes of her father as she delivers playful takes on "Winter Wonderland" and "Let it Snow". "What Are You Doing New Year's". And no doubt the show's highlight will be "White Christmas" which she recorded as a duet with the late Andy Williams, on her White Christmas CD which was released on 8/19/2011.

Deana will also take the audience on a musical journey honoring her legendary father Dean Martin and pallies who shaped American music and popular culture for over four decades. Deana will perform some of her father's greatest and most enduring hits including: "Memories are Made of This," "That's Amore" and "Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime." Her performance will treat the audience to an intimate repertoire sharing with them a look into Dean's personal anecdotes and a video montage, compromised of rare never before seen home movies and private photos. You will relive with Deana some of the most treasured moments from Dean Martin's long and illustrious career.

Before the show you can enjoy an elegant Christmas buffet dinner. After the Deana Martin show, dance to the Rick Brunetto Big Band. This will be a wonderful, elegant and fun Christmas show and dance party. Treat yourself and those you love to an evening of a lifetime.

Sunday, December 8, 2013 The Deana Martin Christmas Show

Tickets here

« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:30:27 PM by lao ce » Logged
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 12:19:42 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96877728@N06/sets/72157638596505626/
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 12:44:10 PM »

We do play Thursday on the 26th at 94th Aero Squadron.
- - - -
NEW YEAR'S EVE SHOW
94th Aero Squadron
Dinner and Dance
Limited seating 614-237-8887
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: