OVR SCCA Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "SUPPORT THE SPORTS" Cruise-In @ SPARC  (Read 2313 times)
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:17 PM »

Mark this day - Saturday, October 12, 2013 - because you're invited to:

The very first Cruise-In at SPARC (Ok, still Cooper Stadium) is a go! It's called "Support the Sports" and benefits the Franklinton based Gladdin Community House. While the day will feature much of the usual classic & muscle car stuff that happens at a typical cruise-in, the sports car/competition world will have a chance to shine as there will also be judged/awarded categories for Sport & Performance and Competition Vehicles.  While we're inviting all makes/models/car clubs etc., it would be great to claim a prime spot on the grounds for a full on representation of the SCCA and its members cars and you guys know someone who can make that happen if the potential turnout seems promising.

Beyond the cruise-in and car show there are additional activities in the works but not fully confirmed... yet. Myself or Beerman will provide more details as they become confirmed.

Stay tuned for more.

Bruno

« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:39:56 PM by pylnrcr » Logged
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »

Bumping to remind everyone that this coming Saturday is the first ever "Support the Sports" charity cruise-in/car show to be held at Cooper Stadium/SPARC. We're asking for SCCA members to turn out in force to show off your hardware and as well as promote the club. The Performance Control Center is sponsoring two beautiful & awe inspiring awards that no one will ever be able to duplicate, one for Best Sports Car & one for Best Competition Vehicle.

As an additional incentive for the Sports & Competition categories we'll be providing certificates for one alignment service and one Test, Tune, & Drive on-course session as random draw giveaways.

We're hoping to see a huge array of sports & competition cars from the elcheapo's (my Champ, why not?) to the super cool stuff (you know who you are) to represent the variety of vehicles within the club.

Show up and claim your spot in the hall of "Support The Sports" fame!

BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 12:52:46 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, I must point out that any of you that bring your car to the show on Saturday will need to pay an entry fee.  I believe the cost is $15.  I know this may seem like a lot to ask if you're really not a car show guy.  But the money is going to charity, so maybe that will make it a little more worthwhile to you.  It is also very good PR in the community, as well as with the owners of the new complex.

So come on down on Saturday & show the waxer crowd what real drivers' cars look like.

Later,
BeerMan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: