OVR SCCA Forum
July 11, 2020, 11:49:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Computer Geeks  (Read 4955 times)
BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« on: January 29, 2010, 10:30:36 AM »

Hey Guys,
I find it very dificult to type long posts on this MB, because once I get to the bottom of the typing box the page won't scroll down.  Even if I hit the down arrow, it will only shift down momentarily.  So as I type I can't see what the heck I'm doing. [Insert joke here.]

Is this a way to discourage us from making long post, or is it a glitch?  OR maybe it's some kind of setting on my own computer.  Either way, somebody let me know.

Thanks,
BeerMan
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:09:13 AM »

It's the forum LBY module. (Limit Beerman's Yapping) I thought all forums had that feature   Tongue
TURBOED
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 11:13:30 AM »

I'm 50% computer nerd, and 40% other type of nerd, and I get the same glitch... so it's not just you Beerman.

Jerry
64 SR (BS) S2000
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 03:39:16 PM »

Hey Guys,
I find it very dificult to type long posts on this MB, because once I get to the bottom of the typing box the page won't scroll down.  Even if I hit the down arrow, it will only shift down momentarily.  So as I type I can't see what the heck I'm doing. [Insert joke here.]

Is this a way to discourage us from making long post, or is it a glitch?  OR maybe it's some kind of setting on my own computer.  Either way, somebody let me know.

Thanks,
BeerMan
I checked it. There is a limit on the size of the post. It was 20 000 character, I raised it to 30 000. But as I understand you don't really have a problem with this limit but the scrolling...? Try it out if it works better now after this change (I doubt). If it is still a problem then I will test it and try to find a solution (might take a while).

One possible workaround is to write the novel in a notepad/wordpad/office and then copy paste here and just post it.

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The qubrown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The qubrown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The qubrown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

zsolt
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 03:41:34 PM by lao ce » Logged
BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »

One possible workaround is to write the novel in a notepad/wordpad/office and then copy paste here and just post it.

This is what I have been doing, but it is kind of a PITA.  BTW, it is no better now.

Thanks,
BeerMan
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 04:44:34 PM »

This is what I have been doing, but it is kind of a PITA.  BTW, it is no better now.

Thanks,
BeerMan

Do you know what is the browser version you are using (usually it can be found under help menu / about menu item)?

When I inserted that test-text the scroll was working fine on FireFox 3.5.7 If you want, you can try it out, it is quite easy to install and use (just an idea). It is easy to unsinstall if you don't like it.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/upgrade.html

If you are using older IE (6 or 7) then you might want to consider to upgrade those. But the IE8 layout is somewhat different the the 6 and 7, and maybe you will hate it. I am not sure if you can go back.

If you are using mac then I don't have any idea because I cannot test these pages with it.
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 05:13:31 PM »

I have had the same issue with the reply box on a variety of browsers.  I will start paying attention to when I have it and when I don't.

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: