OVR SCCA Forum
August 08, 2020, 01:54:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy  (Read 7483 times)
GT MOTORSPORTS
Novice

« on: February 07, 2010, 11:57:45 PM »

Hey guys,

Im new here. My name is Greg. I have been interested in joining the SCCA for awhile. How do i go about joining. I have a 95' Camaro.I have been around all sorts of racing. I have ridin in several well built muscle cars around the auto cross. I excited to get to put my camaro through its paces. I am a member on frrax.com. I do not have any experience running the cones. I know I have to attend a class or two before I drive the course but im willing to learn and I know the best improvement I can do(other than the work ive done to the car)is seat time. thanks for reading.

Greg
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

Welcome. The cones can be addicting. There are no required classes, but be sure to watch the schedule for the OVR Drivers School and enter that if you can. Our Chairman, Tech and Novice chiefs (Bellboy, Splash & BeerMan) haunt this forum regularly, along with a few other knowledgeable folks, and can be a great help so don't hesitate to ask questions and participate.

Enjoy. The season schedule will be coming soon.

ReddyZ06

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »

Greg,
As stated above, watch here for the schedule to be placed in the next couple of months or so. Then show up at the event and ASK questions until you get answers. Sometimes it can be confusing when you first arrive.

Before the 2010 season starts there is great info here:   http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/schedules.asp

This is not from Ohio Valley Region so a few minors differences will apply, but it is such good information that we asked the "Rocky Mountain" group for permission to link to their site:   http://www.rmsolo.org/rmsoloschool/index.html

Mike
GT MOTORSPORTS
Novice

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »

Thanks guys!

Im looking forward to getting on the course. I love the feeling of riding around the auto cross. Cant wait to drive.  Thanks for the links.I will check them out.  I have no problems asking questions,its the only way to learn. I am bad for asking till I get the answers Im looking for. I look forward to hanging it out with you guys in the future.

Greg
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 07:40:21 PM »

Greg,

Welcome aboard.

I've been doing this since pylons were made of wood and and am happy to assist or direct you to people who can assist as needed.

rgrunenwald at columbus dot rr dot com

Rich

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
lao ce
Global Moderator
Forum Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »

Greg,

Welcome aboard.

I've been doing this since pylons were made of wood and and am happy to assist or direct you to people who can assist as needed.

Rich
you mean stone, right? Smiley
subydude

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:08 PM »

Greg,

Welcome aboard.

Rich
you mean stone, right? Smiley

Yeah, when Rich started the tires were still square, round tires didn't show up for few more years.  Then Hollis decided to fabricate a factory TSB about round tires being standard and everything went downhill from there Cheesy

2000ish Completely Stock SM Impreza.
GT MOTORSPORTS
Novice

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

I can already see this is going to be great times for sure!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 10:17:21 PM »

Yeah, when Rich started the tires were still square, round tires didn't show up for few more years.  Then Hollis decided to fabricate a factory TSB about round tires being standard and everything went downhill from there Cheesy
[/quote]

That's good stuff right thar.... Cheesy
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:27:04 PM »

For a not very fast old guy, I seem to do OK against the up and comer's.

Except Aaron.

Well, and maybe Tom O'Gorman. 

Come to think of it, AJ has had me on PAX a few times...

Well, there are still a few folks slower than me.

wheelsoffury

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 12:27:23 AM »

I'm Gary with the silver Corvette. I was a newbie last year. Great group of people here. You'll enjoy yourself. I think the plan is for me to be grid steward next year. So when it's your turn to run, by all means, look me up.

Gary Nolan - BSP Mad Man, and a Heckuva Nice Guy
BeerMan
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:13:30 AM »

....................... So when it's your turn to run, by all means, look me up.

That's code for "Run me over."

Later,
BeerMan
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 07:00:27 PM »

....................... So when it's your turn to run, by all means, look me up.

That's code for "Run me over."

Later,
BeerMan
You can also find BeerMan easily.  Just follow the trail of oil to a multi-hued Corvette.  He is usually standing behind it, both hands on the back, pushing it on to the trailer.

wheelsoffury

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

Yeah, seriously, Beerman is the nicest guy in the world, but if you want a good run, better hope you get out before him. He cheats by laying down massive oil slicks. His logic, it's not SPECIFICALLY forbidden in the rules! While we all admire his initiative and outside the box thinking, somehow it just seems against the spirit of competition.

Gary Nolan - BSP Mad Man, and a Heckuva Nice Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: