OVR SCCA Forum
November 12, 2019, 10:51:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying or Deleting a Post  (Read 2195 times)
S2racer

9 FP

« on: April 05, 2015, 08:08:46 PM »

I found this in the help section
Modifying or Deleting a Post
To modify a post, click the Modify button and make your changes. Note that most forums are likely to be configured to show the date and time of the last edit, but the administrator(s) may also allow a short period to elapse before this happens.

To delete a post, click the Delete button followed by OK from the Remove this message? box that appears. Some forums may also allow you to remove topics or polls that you start, but the buttons for these are usually at the bottom of the page.

OK what I'm I missing here?  I would like to edit my Kart Ad but can't find the "Modify button"  where are you hiding it at?

Thanks, Randy

Randall Hartman
2010 SCCA Mechanic of the Year
Miniata
Forum Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:39:23 PM »

You can only modify your posts for something like the 1st half hour after the post was initially made. After that you have to make changes in an additional post or beg the moderator/s to change the original post for you. It is like that by design (although probably less necessary on this forum than on many others out there).

Keith Miller
#70 HS
#70 STS
pylnrcr
AX Chief's round table member
Was Novice Long Ago

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:27 PM »

I think the ability to modify or edit a post expires after a given time window. Not sure how long that is though.

Bruno

edit: I was beaten to the punch.... (the modify button is to the right of the quote button when it's active)
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:37 PM »

Randy, pm me the copy you want and I will update the post.

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: