OVR SCCA Forum
June 26, 2017, 08:28:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: October PDX: Thank you!  (Read 3904 times)
MoarGrip
Novice

« on: October 09, 2015, 07:37:50 PM »

Had a great time at Mid Ohio today once the rain stopped and the track dried up. It was my first time, and Todoro did an excellent job teaching me both the rain and dry lines. Fantastic instructor!
Looks like the fastest time with him in the car was 2:02, and in the final session (no instructor) I had two clear laps and clipped off a 1:55 and 1:54.
Thanks again, and already looking forward to my next time on the track!
AlanLGuy
AX Chief's round table member
Forum Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 09:31:13 PM »

I'm sure this is an estimated best guess time since PDX's are not timed and nobody would risk the insurance implications of timing their PDX lap ;P

- Alan Guy
#89 2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black
#89 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Black, Blue, and Rust
MoarGrip
Novice

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:10 PM »

I checked the videos I captured after I got home this evening.
(Just in case you were actually concerned)
AlanLGuy
AX Chief's round table member
Forum Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »

I was just teasing

- Alan Guy
#89 2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black
#89 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Black, Blue, and Rust
spdmonkey

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 02:57:56 PM »

Glad (most) everybody had a good time at the PDX. We more than doubled our previous number of participants. It was hectic at times but I was happy how it ran other then the delay at the beginning due to registration. We got everybody the number of minutes of track time we hoped although we killed our instructors with back to back sessions. I know the rain was a disappointment but its a great teaching tool and plenty of dry track came around. Thanks to everyone that had a part in the event as its truly a group effort. If you did not get a logbook please get with me and I'll get one to you.

Dave Brown
MoarGrip
Novice

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:42:02 PM »

Were you referring to me in regards to the log book? (What exactly is that? Log book to me means car inspection)
spdmonkey

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 02:03:55 PM »

Were you referring to me in regards to the log book? (What exactly is that? Log book to me means car inspection)

Not referring to you. The logbooks are for you as a driver to keep track of your events (PDX, Time Trials, Hillclimbs etc...) and each event is signed off by either a steward or a chief. Its helpful if for instance you want to show the SCCA that you have track experience and can possibly get excused from a competition driving school or day towards a club racing license. I brought 100 books and only used about 40 so many people didn't get one or want one. I have them and can sign them if you need one.

db
downingracing

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

Dave,

Brannon needs one.  Let me know what I can do to help get one to him from the event.

Matt

Matt Downing
spdmonkey

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 08:36:42 PM »

I did one for Brayden late Sunday at the regional. Is that who its for?
downingracing

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »

Yup.  Thanks!!

Matt Downing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: