OVR SCCA Forum
November 21, 2017, 07:07:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Area 4 - Director Candidates  (Read 125 times)
LGMCCARTHY

« on: October 16, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »

Thoughts/comments on SCCA Area 4 Director candidates?

Who would be best choice for helping our Solo programs?

Larry McCarthy
2001 Miata - STR - Semi-Retired
2012 Miata - CS
31rx7
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:01 PM »

Both candidates are fine folks with depth in autocrossing.  I have known them both for decades and autocrossed with them. Marcus has a little more experience at this level in the club, abd Pat has been doing a lot of grassroots work in the trenches for years, so he knows what's going on. He's at MidOhio and other tracks for most of the GLDiv races.  I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

The better question is who is the best to help move SCCA forward?  Secondly, do they have the patience and intestinal fortitude to navigate through the organization and issues?

Remember, the SCCA is not a national organization with licensed "franchises" as local clubs.  The SCCA is a federation of independent clubs (the regions) who agree to follow a common set of rules and operating procedures provided by the SCCA National Office. 

The National Office, BOD, and national program leaders face challenges with moving the club forward into new areas as each individual region tends to have their local interests at the core.  Sometimes these interests align with what is best for the sport overall, sometimes not.  And to be fair to the regions, sometimes the direction National wants to head has a negative impact on some of the regions.

This is not necessarily a bad thing; it's just that it provides a challenge with advancing ideas and thinking that require change.

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
profmathers
AX Chief's round table member
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:16:06 AM »

Both candidates are fine folks with depth in autocrossing.  I have known them both for decades and autocrossed with them. Marcus has a little more experience at this level in the club, abd Pat has been doing a lot of grassroots work in the trenches for years, so he knows what's going on. He's at MidOhio and other tracks for most of the GLDiv races.  I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

The better question is who is the best to help move SCCA forward?  Secondly, do they have the patience and intestinal fortitude to navigate through the organization and issues?

Remember, the SCCA is not a national organization with licensed "franchises" as local clubs.  The SCCA is a federation of independent clubs (the regions) who agree to follow a common set of rules and operating procedures provided by the SCCA National Office. 

The National Office, BOD, and national program leaders face challenges with moving the club forward into new areas as each individual region tends to have their local interests at the core.  Sometimes these interests align with what is best for the sport overall, sometimes not.  And to be fair to the regions, sometimes the direction National wants to head has a negative impact on some of the regions.

This is not necessarily a bad thing; it's just that it provides a challenge with advancing ideas and thinking that require change.

Thanks Rich, much appreciated!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: