OVR SCCA Forum
December 14, 2018, 04:36:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT IF I CANNOT LOG IN OR CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT?  (Read 507 times)
ovrforumadmin
Administrator
Novice

« on: August 12, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »

Lately on the forum we had an increased amount of spam. Most of the spamming was prevented before any harm was done, but still, this became a daily task for me filtering out these bots. Very minor fun.

To fight with this, I added dozens of new, broader IP filtering rules to the forum. This hopefully will prevent bots from creating new accounts. I also hope that I don't have to spend my mornings deleting the overnight spammers for a while at least.

It is not likely, but possible that I created a rule or two that includes the IP address of an existing forum member or future member. If you notice that you cannot log in, create an account, or post (but other internet sites working normally just as always), this might happened to you.

I can assure you, it was not intentional or personal. If this happened to you, please email me your login name (ax "at" dzsoo "dot" com), and I will fix the problem ASAP.
If you could also send me your public IP address (just google: "what is my ip address" and send me that long number with the four segments), that would be dandy.

Cheers
Zsolt
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:51:13 AM by Rich Grunenwald » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: