OVR SCCA Forum
December 08, 2019, 12:03:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8/4/19 event  (Read 1267 times)
Carol
AX Chief's round table member

« on: August 05, 2019, 01:35:51 PM »

Results are up, woot!!

I had a great time yesterday, especially during my time off in the grass  Cheesy

Thanks as always to everyone for a good time!

2014 Subaru BRZ - "Betty White"
Mr. Herdman

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 02:22:47 PM »

Alan, thanks for getting the results up so quickly. Much appreciated. Is there any chance we could get the raw times in the "Total" column on the Pax results page? Right now, it shows the pax results for both the total and pax time columns, and there are no raw times included on the pax results page.

For reference, the PAX results for PE1 this year are set up the way to which I am referring.

EDIT: Actually, now that I am looking at it more closely, it looks like only the top 5 drivers have the same total and PAX times, and others have raw and PAX listed. So, maybe this is not as straight forward as I first thought. Is this because these were entered by hand?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:27:41 PM by Mr. Herdman » Logged
RyanN

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:37:44 PM »

ya, something is screwy with the top 5 in overall pax

Ryan Niemic
2001 Corvette  --  1 BS
AlanLGuy
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »

AxWare is a giant heaping pile of crap. They have definitely broken something with PAX calculation on the report file generation. If I get one class group working it breaks another. I知 done with it.

I haven稚 been able to get year end points to work correctly at all.

I知 going to write something this week to import the raw data and generate the report and calculate championship points. So expect the report files to change. They値l probably be uglier...  it at least they値l be right.  Once that is done I値l go back and re-generate all the data from every event this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Alan Guy
#89 2013 Scion FR-S - Raven Black
#89 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S - Black, Blue, and Rust
Chief

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »

Any pictures up?

old school babe magnet

Gray 7 SR
Stamperman

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 01:05:52 PM »

AxWare is a giant heaping pile of crap. They have definitely broken something with PAX calculation on the report file generation. If I get one class group working it breaks another. I知 done with it.

I知 going to write something this week to import the raw data and generate the report and calculate championship points. So expect the report files to change. They値l probably be uglier...  it at least they値l be right.  Once that is done I値l go back and re-generate all the data from every event this year

Not to heap it on, but it looks like the FSP pax is calculated at 0.682 and the published tables I'm seeing are 0.824
The same with DSP. 0.695 calculated and published is 0.840.

Numbers found here:  https://www.autox4u.com/blog/2019-pax-rtp-index/
soslow93

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »

I知 going to write something this week to import the raw data and generate the report and calculate championship points. So expect the report files to change. They値l probably be uglier...  it at least they値l be right.  Once that is done I値l go back and re-generate all the data from every event this year

Not to heap it on, but it looks like the FSP pax is calculated at 0.682 and the published tables I'm seeing are 0.824

Dang it i knew it was to good to be true... looks like several pax values in the table are inaccurate.
AlanLGuy
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 08:12:54 PM »

There's nothing wrong with the values in the table. It's Axware being stupid and double applying the index it to certain classes during report generation. I can't emphasize enough what a piece of crap the update this year was. I really really wish there was a way to downgrade back to last years version, but they don't allow it.

- Alan Guy
AlanLGuy
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:41 PM »

I'm done creating a new version of the PAX report. I have a preliminary version of the Class Report, but it's being slowed down by the fact that Axware doesn't really offer me a good way to export the data.. I either get a really complicated HTML version, or an "Excel" file that is actually just a Tab delimited flat file.

Once I get those two report done, I'll create something that also calculates and totals year end points. I'll try to have the Class Results done by this weekend... hopefully I'll be able to get the championship points done by the end of the day.

PAX Results
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hamxKO7FSlcTgghX9CGiXGKHz7B99VD-/view?usp=sharing

Class Results (Preliminary - Need to add all runs, not just fastest, and calculate how many trophies based on # of entries)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bCEwolB7OImvo75pIcldsPzsjCOdZP5x/view?usp=sharing

To view click the links above, click Download and open the HTML file in a web browser(sorry Drive was the only convenient thing to upload this to and it doesn't render HTML by default)

- Alan Guy
BirdBoy

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 06:14:48 AM »

Out of curiosity, how did you end up getting a time in the system Alan when I was a DNF?  Huh

CP - 1992 Ford Thunderbird
AlanLGuy
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 11:21:22 AM »

Out of curiosity, how did you end up getting a time in the system Alan when I was a DNF?  Huh

Good Question, I値l look at the data.

- Alan Guy
AlanLGuy
Keyboard Enthusiast

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »

Good Question, I値l look at the data.

Oh, the 88888 is basically me converting the DNF in the input file to a value for sorting. DNF was 88888 and DNS was 99999. on the display side im converting the value to a Text string for the DNS痴. Forgot to plug that in for the DNS entries. Will get that fixed. Thanks!

- Alan Guy
danmit88

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »

I'm done creating a new version of the PAX report. I have a preliminary version of the Class Report, but it's being slowed down by the fact that Axware doesn't really offer me a good way to export the data.. I either get a really complicated HTML version, or an "Excel" file that is actually just a Tab delimited flat file.

Once I get those two report done, I'll create something that also calculates and totals year end points. I'll try to have the Class Results done by this weekend... hopefully I'll be able to get the championship points done by the end of the day.

PAX Results
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hamxKO7FSlcTgghX9CGiXGKHz7B99VD-/view?usp=sharing

Class Results (Preliminary - Need to add all runs, not just fastest, and calculate how many trophies based on # of entries)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bCEwolB7OImvo75pIcldsPzsjCOdZP5x/view?usp=sharing

To view click the links above, click Download and open the HTML file in a web browser(sorry Drive was the only convenient thing to upload this to and it doesn't render HTML by default)

You know, I bet there are enough smart people here, we could write a better program than Axware.

Dan Michael #38 Mustang GT
sp8

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2019, 08:52:56 PM »

Sounds like you just volunteered yourself for that job, Dan.

In all seriousness though, we are working on getting a completely new T&S system in the near future, so our poor Timing Chief doesn't have to go through this debacle every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Alex Speight
#32 STS Miata (Codriver)
#117 GS Focus ST (Miata Support Vehicle, DD, Retired Racer)
WrxRcr

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2019, 11:11:10 PM »

Any pics of the event?

09 swp          subaru wrx
12 gunmetal nissan 370z
Stamperman

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »

Sounds like you just volunteered yourself for that job, Dan.

In all seriousness though, we are working on getting a completely new T&S system in the near future, so our poor Timing Chief doesn't have to go through this debacle every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

If we get a new T&S, is it possible to get it with the online live timing and scoring like Toledo has?  I found it to be pretty cool there and also back when my son raced karts wheel to wheel.
BirdBoy

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 06:04:46 PM »

That is the hope/plan.

CP - 1992 Ford Thunderbird
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: