OVR SCCA Forum
December 10, 2019, 10:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Vest - FREE (Sort of)  (Read 30 times)
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Street Racer

Stirring the pot...

« on: November 30, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »

I have the following cool vest setup that came with the Mustang when I got it.  It's been sitting in my basement for three years, and I have no intention of using it.  It appears to have never been installed.  However, I have no clue as to the quality and capability of this piece. I have not checked out or tested this at all.   

According to the sparse instructions, the brand name is "Oasis".  Not sure if it's related to the water cooler company, but could be.  The design reminds me of those cold water / icing setups for knee replacements, but a bit more basic than even these.

The vest is an over the shoulders style held together by velcro as I attempted to show in the photos.  I am 5'10", a 44 jacket, and about 215 lbs, and it is too small for me.  I assume the prior owner purchased it for his use, and he was probably about 155 lbs.  It uses a Beck Arnley pump of some sort to circulate the water and fairly standard style connections for the water hoses. The clear hoses shown are some sort of plastic that has deteriorated, and will need replaced.  It appears to have all the pieces and hardware needed to install, except the wiring.

FREE for pickup.  $25 plus cost of shipping if I have to ship.  I suspect shippinbg of around $20 - $25 based on size and weight. Photos below.

Rich

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: