OVR SCCA Forum
January 25, 2020, 11:55:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Call for Chiefs  (Read 140 times)
BirdBoy

« on: January 05, 2020, 12:48:40 PM »

Now that we have dates for 2020, we'll need chiefs. Here is what we'll need and I've noted where we have someone committed:

Course Design & Setup Chief (Course Designs submitted before the event date preferably, setup of course with workers) Ido Waksman

Setup & Tear Down Chief (Lead unloading and loading of Toby and setup of the site on event dates) Tentatively Andrew Apostolec

Tech Chief (Lead setup of the tech inspection area and workers) Pete Bates

Waiver Chief (Prepare waivers and coordinate site check-in with workers) Ryan McDaniel

Registration Chief (Set up registration station in Toby and lead check-in and payments with worker) Tami Hemphill Tackett

Worker Chief (Establish work/run order and work assignments. Includes setting everything up the night before)

Novice Chief (Guide novices in appropriate course/site behavior and worker behavior. Perform course walks with novices and coordinate any ride alongs) Ryan Niemic

Timing and Scoring Chief (Set up timing and scoring station in Toby and lead timing and scoring workers. New software and equipment will hopefully make this much easier)

Grid Chief (Set up grid for cars and lead grid workers) Ron Ford

Safety Steward Chief (Coordinate the Safety Stewards and ensure adequate coverage and attendance for the events) Alan Stamper (known Safety Stewards are Michael Smith Tonya Pauley Smith Matthew Mowry Ralph Cummings)

Kart Chief (Coordinates all Junior Kart activities) Michael Smith

Our expectation is that you'll be able to make the dates of the events as listed. If not, you'll help us find someone to cover your role.

I have some key participants that have covered many of these roles in the past but I didn't want to speak for them. If you are one of the past chiefs and you wouldn't mind helping out again your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously let Dan or I know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks in advance.

To reiterate the dates, here they are:

March 14 15 (Sat & Sun)

May 31 (Sun)

June 14(Sun)

July 12 (Sun)

August 16 (Sun)

August 29 (Sat)

One of the August dates are tentative at this point and Jason will let us know soon if we are going to get to keep that date.

CP - 1992 Ford Thunderbird
BirdBoy

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 07:36:00 AM »

All chief positions are now filled. This forum software doesn't allow editing but I can provide information to anyone that needs it.

Thanks.

CP - 1992 Ford Thunderbird
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: