OVR SCCA Forum
April 18, 2021, 05:46:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Mustang, 3.7L V6, 6spd, Posi, etc. - SOLD!!!  (Read 99 times)
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« on: March 11, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »

SOLD!!!

I have decided to sell the 2013 Mustang I have been driving on the street.  I am not putting any miles on it now particularly since we have the Kia.  Less than 1000 miles since November.

I haven’t cleaned it up or thought hard about pricing yet, but here are a few details:

2013 Ford Mustang, 78,000 miles, was in FL until mid 2017 when owner moved to Ohio.

•   Black exterior, tinted windows (which I am not super fond of), black cloth interior.
•   Cloth interior, Ford Sync audio (or Stync as I like to call it – this is the first gen version which is clunky)
•   3.7l V6, 305 hp, ~315 tq if I recall correctly.
•   6 speed manual.
•   Performance Pack option which included Mustang GT suspension, brakes, 19x8.5 wheels, 8.8” rear axle with 3.31 Posi, strut brace, etc.
•   Borla mufflers. Not sure if these were stock or previous owner installed them.  Gives a nice tone.
•   As an aside, according to reports in car magazines, it is just as quick 0—60 and Ό mile as the 2005 – 2010 Mustang GT that came with the 4.6l V8.
•   Maybe 5,000 miles on new brakes and rotors.
•   Spare rims with winter tires on them. Probably 1 more season left on the winter tires.

Flaws:

•   These cars have aluminum hoods, and they all have two issues:
        o   Paint adhesion.  Tendency to be susceptible to stone chips.  
        o   Corrosion.  Almost every one I have seen shows corrosion of the aluminum in one or more spots. This one has it in the center by the cowl, about a ½” x Ό” spot.
•   Small dink and chip in LF fender.  Prob could be repaired PDR.
•   Heater fan is a little noisy, not terribly so but it bothers me.  Might replace that as it looks easy to do.
•   Tires are crappy Sumitomo HTZ Exciters or something like that.  About 1/2 tread. Decent tires would do wonders for the car.

My observations as an owner: Nice, everyday car.  22 / 29, city / highway MPG depending on how hard you press the loud pedal.  Fun to drive, handles well, etc.  It’s been oil and filter changes for me during 28,000 miles of ownership, plus a set of brakes.  Really the only downside to the car is the stupid Sync audio system.

Not sure what to ask yet.   KBB says $11,300, but I have not checked online prices.  Probably around $10,000 give or take once I get it cleaned up. Will get pictures and such over the next month or so.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 12:38:57 PM by Rich Grunenwald » Logged

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Rich Grunenwald
Global Moderator
Drag Racer

Stirring the pot...

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

SOLD!!!

I have two big heavy 'Murican race cars. Must be an old guy thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: